Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wearing and Tearing

Greetings and Salutations to all.

Missed last week – sorry I was working last Thursday night (umpiring) and got home late and had no time to write the blog. Have no fear I’m back for this week and hopefully next week. Speaking of work – yesterday was a blast (no pun intended). Starting off at 7am till 9am, in no particular order, we had a lightning strike hit the ground in the parking lot (missed someone’s car), torrential rains which flooded the entire jobsite. We had standing water issues of up to 9 inches. Power went out and “Tornado Warnings” were being issued. Needless to say, we were sent home at 10:30am but paid for the whole day. Sweet!

Speaking of work, my good buddy Rob (his blog “Exit 55” here: http://steelyankee.blogspot.com/) is looking for work. He has recently been laid off and is looking for employment. His specialties are Marketing and Radio. If you can help him out or would like his resume, email me and I will send it to you. Thanking you in advance……

Let’s have a warm welcome to me brother Rufus and his blog “Lite Fire To Your IT Guys Scotch” (http://drunkitrant.blogspot.com/). Check it out and I will warn you now the game he has posted is very addictive. I played it for like 4 hours the other day. He too has been crapped on lately in that his VOIP provider went belly up and his phone service was askew for a few days. Back to Verizon I’ve been told. Ouch!

Jack is dead and the oldies are back – how ironic don’t ya think? Sorry I was never a big fan of 101.1 CBS-FM Oldies, I loved Jack and I do miss it. I know people weren’t crazy about it – but where can you get the German version of 99 Red Balloons and then segue into CCR. Gotta love it and only 2 DJ’s plus acoustic sunrise on Sunday Mornings. Shame on CBS for going back.

Speaking of radio – K-Rock is still rolling along but that playlist needs some updating? I am getting sick of hearing the same 3 GNR songs every 4 hours. That new Tool song as well as the new Linkin Park song have to go as well. How about some of The Cult?

I’ll keep the sports to a whisper. Yankees lost a close one to Toronto today. Some new pitcher they have – last name McGowan – has beaten them twice this year. Go figure! Islanders have had some pickups in the last week – something to fill the voids but not on the same par with the talent that left. We shall see come October. Mini-camps are opening in the next 7 – 10 days, did someone say Football?

Exhaust system is fixed and working normally. Thank god for the internet.

Craving poker and just in time ESPN is showing the opening satellite rounds to the World Series of Poker. I’ll get there one day……

Been watching “The World Series of Pop Culture” on VH1 this week and last week. Some good stuff, knew a lot, questioned some and in the end, I am still watching it from the couch. But mentioned in an earlier blog post this year, I did get a tryout for the show. Two friends and I tried our best but alas failed in our quest to be the NYC team. There is always next year!!! Till then….remember this song playing while Daniel-San is fighting his way through the Karate Tournament is “You’re The Best”. Not in my dojo……….

This week’s money tip: Time for a Midyear Financial Checkup
http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/moneymatters/37906

This week’s funny clip: Sex List Game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDRcsdr_Y_Q

Tonight's post brought to you by Reservoir Dogs Soundtrack.
Tonight's post brought to you by Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Letter X.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Number 0.

Nuff Said!!

2 comments:

Tom said...

Totally agree with you on K-Rock's playlist. "Sweet Child o Mine" is FUKKIN ALWAYS ON!!! I can think of 4 Cult songs that would fit perfectly into their library, as well as about 50 other tunes from various artists that they have never played.

Isn't it sad that WCBS_FM came back with the same exact format it had when they were in the ratings crapper? They have to do 1 thing to keep me listening, and that's bring back the 50's. I gotta hear me some Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Coasters, Santo & Johnny, Buddy Holly, etc. on WCBS. C'mon already, will-ya??

Anonymous said...

Amen Brother on K-Rock. I love Elvis and some of the 50's too but IMHO Jack was better.