Thursday, April 05, 2007

Celebration Day

Greetings and Salutations to all.

At about 4 am this morning, I was lying in bed and what should I be doing? Sleeping, right but no, I was thinking about tonight’s blog. I had a list of things to write and talk about but somehow they escape me right now. Note to self: Self, leave pad and pen on night table to jot down ideas in middle of night. Also, if you think of the winning lotto numbers, jot them down, tell no one and run, don’t walk to 7-11 to get a lotto ticket.

Ok, now I remember something I wanted to talk about: Television.

What a week for television. Two of my favorite shows are back:

- The Shield on FX
- Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel

As I have previously mentioned on this blog – this is the show to watch. Simply Awesome. It shows the inner-workings and corruption of a LA police precient (In reality it was based on the Rampart Division of the LAPD). I beg you to watch this on FX only. Watching it on any other channel is just a waste. Rent the DVD’s if you can. Season 5 rolled out on DVD this week.

Deadliest Catch for those not in the know is a documentary style account of the King/Oplio Crab Season on the Bering Sea in Alaska. It shows the accounts of 5-7 ships and their crews during the 2-6 week season. Vicious waves, rain, snow, freezing temperatures and other obstacles bombard the boats. Enthralling action keeps you glued for the full hour.

Last but not least – I started watching a new show on ABC. It’s called “October Road” loosely based on the 1996 movie “Beautiful Girls”. Three episodes have aired with the 4th one airing tonight. All I can say is that I’m hooked. The storyline is focused on a small town in Massachusetts called “Knights Ridge”. Great writing, great acting (has Laura Prepon from “That 70’s Show”) and the best thing about it some really great music. The music is not just background noise; it’s poignant to the storyline. I guess you just have to watch it for yourself. Repeats on the 1st three episodes can be found here on abc.com

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

This week’s money tip is about budgeting and saving:

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/102671/Budgeting-and-Saving-Tips

A great article – Who doesn’t need to budget and save? I love the tip about the water and block of ice. Read it for more info…..

The Hawaiian coffee arrived this week and I tore into it. I am currently drinking a flavor called “Kona Coffee Cake”. Imagine smelling/tasting your coffee and it reminds you of your favorite coffee cake. Well this does. Yeah I know, some of you are going gack, whooh, yuck, well you’re missing out. Oh well!

For those interested:
http://www.hawaiianisles.com/


This week’s fun clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7tf3iyFA0

-Before I sign off-
Pint of Guinness: $5
New York Yankees Irish Shirt: $20
Pic of Rob wearing NYY Irish Shirt making love to his pint of Guinness: Priceless

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Enjoy It My Friend – See You Tomorrow!

Tonight's post brought to you by Otter Creak Copper Ale.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Letters JT.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Number 6.
Nuff said!!

1 comment:

Rob Adams said...

And all that pint wanted to do was snuggle after we were done...

Rob