Friday, April 20, 2007

Good Times, Bad Times

Greetings and Salutations to all.

Yeah, yeah yeah, I know – it’s Friday morning and no fresh Thursday night post. Enough you bitches – I was tired and didn’t feel like sitting down and thinking for an hour or so plus I wanted to watch October Road. Good Episode last night. Season finale is next Thursday. Moving on........

Well, well, well – my Islanders didn’t get swept under the ice but I’m sorry some glaring moments especially at the Nassau Coliseum. I want to know if the owner of the Sabres Tom – “I have so much money – I could buy a small country – did someone say Iraq?” Golisano has the refs/officials on the payroll. Some very controversial calls against the Islanders. I hate to rag on the refs but being one in softball, I know we’re human and make mistakes but this is the playoffs and you need to have your “A” game, if not go home. Late in the 3rd period the Islanders crash the net and seemed to score a goal, the ref blew the whistle and deemed no goal. A video review which showed the puck in the net was waived off. Bitch Please.........That was a so a goal. I’m still holding to my prediction that the Isles will win in 7, otherwise a 12 pack of beer - Rufus’ choice will be purchase. So what should I pick if I win....hmmmm have to think about that.

Game 5 is tonight in Buffalo tonight. Well listen here again – I’ll tell you what Bitches – ISLANDERS IN 7 – You heard here it First AGAIN!

My wife approached me the other day and asked a question about A-Rod. She asked “Is A-Rod on steroids?” I said I doubt it, with MLB’s drug policy and its poster boy Barry Bonds. Well nice to see that A-Rod is on a tear this Spring. Reasons why, let me count the ways:

1) Friendship with Jeter out in open and beyond repair
2) Walk year of contract
3) Finally woke and realize that he is being paid $25m a year
4) Sick of the beat writers and fans cursing him out
5) Dom Imus off the radio
6) Wearing socks “El Duque” style.

Honestly – I think a little of all the above is in play (Ok, maybe not #5). The walk-off GS HR against Baltimore in the 1st week really helps get the monkey off his back and rebuild his confidence. He seems more relaxed than usual. But let us not forget his playoff debacles. He could hit 80 HR’s this year and come October the beat writers will be hounding him. We shall see……

Next week’s post I’ve been thinking about for awhile. Guitar songs, not necessarily classics or hits, but in theory songs that have a good guitar riff and when you hear the song – you rock out, get goose bumps, play air guitar, etc. I think you get the point. But alas that’s next week’s topic. Let the debate begin….

Off to poker tonight – hopefully to win some coin. The weather is finally getting nice. I'm sick of this Nor’easter rain and gloominess. Thank god for the sun this weekend.

This week’s money tip is about having a good job, making big plans, but no money in the bank:
http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/17/pf/retirement/planning_to_save.moneymag/index.htm?postversion=2007041711

Another great article – Some good solid tips.

Condolences and prayers to the VT students and families – what a senseless tragedy. Who’s to blame on this? A bunch of people – the University, the police, the state of Virginia. Just very sad that this occurred. So many warning signs were ignored. If I was a student there, I don’t even know if I could ever go back..........

Tonight's post brought to you by License to Ill.
Tonight's post brought to you by Hawaiian Coffee.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Letter B.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Number 9.
Nuff said!!

5 comments:

Rob Adams said...

I know the name of the blog is "Thursday night..." but you can post any friggin' time you want. Just glad that you're posting at all. Stiil, what's with all the hate? Everything is "bitches." You're a little too hung up on that "B" Train in the Subway Race at the Stadium, if you ask me.

Come up to the sticks, have some BBQ and a few local brews and you'll feel better.

See you next Friday...

Anonymous said...

Quit your bitchen. EVERY hockey fan who doesn't like a call claims "Fixed", "Blind", whatever. Remember "No Goal" in 99 punk?

It was a tough call to make and tougher on video since the angles where bad but what's done is done. Throwing beer bottles onto the ice only make you guys look like low life shmucks. Though I do admit during game 3, they had some fine women on the ice picking up the trash :)

Anonymous said...

For Rob: something about the "Bitch" just gets me going - a little more appropriate then "Nappy Headed Ho"

For Rufus: yeah, yeah, I remember 99 and yes Brett Hull was in the crease. The prob there and still now is Gary Bettman - what a bitch, I mean loser. For more of the pretty ladies picking trash click the link below:

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/fanzone/icegirls.asp

Terry said...

Who's to blame for VT?? Yes, many, but I think you forgot the most important persons -- his damn parents!!!

Thanks again for going light on the WANKEES commentary -- not like you know what you're talking about anyway!

Anonymous said...

Bye Bye Islanders....

http://www.glumbert.com/media/wiggles