Thursday, April 26, 2007

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Greetings and Salutations to all.

All right I know when to stick my tail in between me legs. So allow me to do it now. (Tail being stuck between my legs.) Ok, happy now?

Yes, Buffalo prevailed and the Islanders went down in 5 even though I predicted a win in 7 games. Ya know, if you don’t have faith in your team then why even bother rooting for them at all? Buffalo was definitely a powerhouse but I will said this in the Islanders defense, they weren’t the lay down and die dogs that everyone made them out to be. They played some good hockey, got robbed on some bad video review calls from the officials in Toronto (didn’t the Islanders pushed them out of the playoffs on the last day of the season?). Up next the Rangers fresh from beating Atlanta’s team. Wait was that a team or some bunch of senior citizens – hey there’s grandma. Guess I was right. Good luck Rangers – another prediction Sabres in 4. Yes, sweep, da sweep, da sweep. Hear me now BITCHES!!!

Speaking of Bitches, in my last post (see comment section) my good friend Rob (his blog -- http://steelyankee.blogspot.com/) questioned why I am so fascinated with the word “Bitch”. Hmmm, I don’t really know how it came to be favorite word. I do love to say shit and fuck but something about Bitch….I know that during the “The Great Subway Race” at the Yankees game I should be picking the “4” train (since it’s the only train to stop at 161st Street/River Avenue/Yankee Stadium stop) all the time. The “B” and “D” stop during rush hours, home games and during the week – check the nyc.gov page for more info. If I had to trace it back, it would probably be during some drunken Friday night at the stadium when all other have picked the “4” and the “D” leaving me with the “B” train. B for BITCH! My Friday night is not complete unless the B train wins, I pick the right hat for which the ball is under (I do very well at this when I’ve been drinking, playing sober is no fun) and last but not least the sack of nuts have been blessed by the “High Priest of the Sack of Nuts”. Would you me rather go around yelling “Nappy heady ho!” I would need an egg timer to see how long I would last at Yankee Stadium screaming that! LOL!

Guitar songs, not necessarily classics or hits, but in theory songs that have a good guitar riff and when you hear the song – you rock out, get goose bumps, play air guitar, etc. I think you get the point. Let the debate begin….

So in no particular order was I thinking about these 5 songs:

1) Circle – Big Head Todd and the Monsters from the album Sister Sweetly
http://www.amazon.com/Sister-Sweetly-Head-Todd-Monsters/dp/B000002L12/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8836823-1836003?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1177633937&sr=1-1

2) I Walked – Wanderlust from the album Prize
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=180548638

3) Millennium – Killing Joke from the album Pandemonium
http://www.amazon.com/Pandemonium-Killing-Joke/dp/B0009QZ4LU/ref=sr_1_10/002-8836823-1836003?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1177634324&sr=1-10

4) Pure Massacre – Silverchair from the album Frogstomp
http://www.amazon.com/Frogstomp-Silverchair/dp/B000002B86/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-8836823-1836003?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1177634757&sr=8-3

5) Keep Hope Alive – Crystal Method from the album Vegas
http://www.amazon.com/Vegas-Crystal-Method/dp/B000002RBV/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-8836823-1836003?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1177635082&sr=1-1

Win the prize if you can tell me where #5 is from……

This week’s money tip is the top 50 BS jobs:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/bing/0704/gallery.bing_50jobs.fortune/index.html

I know at least 2 of the jobs that no one I know has…hmmm what could they be – why don’t you tell me Martha & Donald.

This week’s funny clip – don’t play at work (for home use only):

http://www.glumbert.com/media/wiggles

(Courtesy of Rufus) – Thanks Rufus!

Bloody Sock – Yeah ok, I think it’s ketchup, red ink, tomato sauce, red marker, etc. Can’t wait till the Red Sox send Mirabelli out of town…….

Off to watch the Season Finale of “October Road”….

Tonight's post brought to you by Allman Bros. Greatest Hits.
Tonight's post brought to you by Guinness.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Letter S.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Number 4.
Nuff said!!

No comments: