Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ramble On.....

Greetings and Salutations to all.

Sorry to have been away – with school taking over my life for the past 2.5 weeks, I’ve been hunkered down in the books studying for 2 section tests and 2 final exams. I can and will report that I did score 100 on each of the 2 section tests. Scores for the final exams will have to wait till Monday.

So the Sabres are finally feeling some pressure – nothing from the NY teams, but hey Ottawa comes to town and puts the squeeze on. Down 3-0, they squeak out a victory and are down 3-1. Only 2 teams have come back in NHL history from being down 3-0. That’s right the Islanders and well…who cares about the other team? I hope the Sabres come back and win – they deserve it. More importantly I think the town NEEDS it. Moving onto baseball….

How about those Yankees? Man is there a team that needs to find itself. I love my Yankees but they are a mess. Yeah, the injuries have taken a toll on the pitching but where’s A-Rod lately? Hopefully they’ll turn this ship around and get back to their winning ways. Some bright notes: Wang’s almost no-no, and as of 5/17 – the leader in the AL batting race – Jorge Posada – yes, I said Jorge Posada. Insert Dan Patrick: Simply Enfuego!

This coming weekend we got the annual Mets/Yankees at Shea and Saturday brings Game 5 of the Ottawa/Buffalo series. Let’s go Yanks/Sabres!!

I was little ticked off that no one commented on the guitar riffs from the last post. I was hoping that would be a good back and forth piece to discuss with the readers of this blog. I guess NOT!!!


This week’s money tip is how not to ruin your credit score (FICO):

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/pf/0705/gallery.credit_score/index.html

Good stuff here so please folks, follow it!


This week’s clip – If you love the ladies and you love poker than check this out:

http://www.stuffmagazine.com/girls/shana_hiatt2/shana_hiatt_l8.jpg

Thank you God, thank you for giving me eyesight!


Tonight's post brought to you by Elvis #1 Greatest Hits.
Tonight's post brought to you by Sam Adams Summer Lager.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Letters DC.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Number 100.

Last but not least the whole debate about radio and “Free Speech”. We all know that free radio is censored and controlled to some extent by the FCC. Hence Don Imus being fired for his “Nappy Headed Ho” comment. This past week shock jocks “Opie & Anthony” (who I will never ever forgive for destroying WNEW-FM 102.7) were suspended for 30 days for their comments about Condoleezza Rice, Queen Elizabeth and Laura Bush. Wait a minute aren’t they on Satellite radio and free to say what they want. Correct but their employer is looking for congressional approval to merge with its rival.

So I ask thee – what happen to “Free Speech”? What’s next? Television? Magazines? ……Excuse me who are you? Why are you wearing that white shirt, black suit, mirrored sunglasses? I’m doing nothing Sir, just typing my weekly bl………………………………….

6 comments:

Rob Adams said...

Mick, you're right - I should have given you something on the guitar riffs thing. To be honest, you picked such unique riffs that I felt inferior, especially since my choices would be standard fare like, I don't know, "Sunshine of Your Love" (Cream, of course), "You Really Got Me" (The Kinks), and so on.

Classic stuff, but I thought it would be lame by comparison. That and I'm depressed by the Yankees.

PS - the interview went OK but I don't really have my hopes up. We'll see.

Terry said...

Wow! I think Shana Hiatt is the first girl I've ever seen who looks better with her clothes on! What is that little paunch below her ribcage? Is she 2 months prego? Looks like she might have some heavy hairage around the navel area that needs to be shaved or naired regularly!

Just one old married guy's opinion.

T

Anonymous said...

Terry - get some glasses dude! That's one hot piece of ass!

Rob - don't sweat it, I picked those songs because they WERE different than the classics. When I first heard them on the radio, I was hooked and subsequently went out and bought the album(s). Yeah, I coulda of pick the classics but I think this opens others (including you) to new music - most of which you probably never heard before reading it in this blog.

Terry said...

Hey, dildo! I have my new Rx glasses on and I'm telling you this girl looks 10 times better than Shana Hiatt and she's a nobody!!

http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/girl_template_magnified.aspx?id=1279

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah like you said - you're an old married guy!

Tom said...

Congrats on your exams. More power to you, pun intended.

Don't hate O&A for what happened to WNEW. They just happened to be the catalyst for what became a series of programming blunders made by the pinheads at Infinity Broadcasting. Richard Neer (WNEW's last good PD) wrote a book which basically laments the death of FM radio and WNEW's rock format specifically. "FM: The Rise and Fall of Rock Radio", is a good read if you can find it.

CEO's and market analysts ruined FM radio. It used to be where one could go to discover something new and exciting. Growing up, I used to love listening to WNEW and K-Rock to hear something good that the DJ would talk up as worth checking out. Now radio serves up the same shit over and over again. It's unlistenable. I do not want to hear "Freewill" for the 200,000,000th time. Be daring, WBAB, and play the NEW Rush song "Far Cry". It kicks ass, as does the rest of the new Rush cd (Snakes & Arrows). You wont hear it on any station around here. It's "too heavy" for regular rotation at Q104.3.

Did you know that there are many folks out there who consider themselves Rush fans who have no idea that the band is still producing new music? Seriously, if one left it up to WBAB, Q104.3, and K-Rock (and many do) one would still think that the latest Rush album is "Power Windows". Their last 5 albums (not including live recordings) have a crapload of great tunes that never get airplay on Rock radio. Why? Is it because the listeners just want the same old shit over and over or is it because the Powers That Be who run the station *think* that the listeners just want the same old shit over and over.