Thursday, May 24, 2007

That’s The Way....

Greetings and Salutations to all.

Well, well, well – school is done for now. Final Exam score – 92. Shame not a 100, but he I’ll take it figuring it covered over 180 hours of learning over 2 subjects. My averages were the same – 96 in both Shop and Theory.

Low and behold I receive a phone call from the director of the school on Monday night. I’m thinking he is congratulating me on having a good year. Nope, I got accepted into the exclusive 5-year program which over 875 people applied to and only 30 were accepted. I was floored to say the least. Perks: more money (a 50% raise) and a new set of tools. I sit here and write to you and I am still flabbergasted.

Well at least one team is going to win the Stanley Cup this year that has never won it before. Hmmmm, who should I root for? Ottawa or the Ducks. Tough call here. I really miss the Disney ducks and the purple/green with the duck mask jerseys. I really don’t care for Ottawa – maybe it’s a Canadian thing – so I’m rooting for the Ducks. Go Ducks!

Yankees, Yankees, Yankees.... Lost 2 out of 3 the cross-town Muts. Who by the way helped another Yankee pitcher onto the DL. Thanks Muts! Sunday night the National game on ESPN was the gem with the debut of Tyler Clippard. What was going on there. That ball had some movement. Even David Wright agreed. Hopefully he can spark the Yankees to some more wins. 2/3 from Boston and things are starting to look good. We shall see…….

My good buddy Rob (read his blog: Exit 55) commented on last week’s post about not commenting on the guitar riffs. I apologize if I was harsh. I just thought it was a good thing to discuss as well as to open each other to new and different music. I think the classics are fine but we all know them and can go blue in the face over which is better, should be #1, etc. Hence the idea of having the songs from “off the beaten path”.

BTW – who is the mystery guest for tomorrow’s game? I’ll have Steve, making his 1st appearance this year.

Sorry no new money tip this week.

This week’s clip – and yes the guy walked away…..WOW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLvpE3HHtEw

On the day I was born in 1971 the #1 song in the USA: "Family Affair" by Sly & the Family Stone

Go figure!

And yes “B” Train for BITCH!!!! – You heard it here first!

Tonight's post brought to you by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits
Tonight's post brought to you by Red Newt White Wine.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Letter M.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Number 28.

Nuff Said!!

No comments: