Thursday, May 31, 2007

Communication Breakdown?

Greetings and Salutations to all.

Where do I start? K-Rock is back or A-Rod duping the left side of the Toronto infield?

Ahh, start with A-Rod. I got to say, that watching the ball drop in between the third baseman and the shortstop to allow some Yankee runs was very nice. Now did he say “Hah”? or was it “Mine”? We’ll never know. I will admit that I will have to try it out during Sunday Softball. Now here is the debate that I was thinking. Is it legit to call for the ball (i.e. interference?). I always took interference to be bodily contact with the player and/or ball. I’ll let the baseball aficionados here start the debate or invoked MLB’s rules. Let the debate begin – you know who you are.

Ahh, K-Rock is back and Free FM is dead for now. I understood the concept of the “Free FM” with Stern going to Sirius, but to have talk all day is just crap. Can we just get music and leave talk radio on the AM dial. Jeez, didn’t Free FM learn their lesson with WNEW-FM 102.7? No one wants it, no one needs it, and we have enough of it on AM. Go there and listen to it you stupid schmucks. I wish I could some how kill Opie & Anthony as well as the Radio Chick. These have to be the worst personalities on the radio. We should either be DJ less like K-Rock is now or have DJ’s that do there job without too much chit chat. I hate DJ’s that talk and talk and talk (somebody shoot me). Give me Jim Kerr or Pat St. John. How about Rob Adams, he’s got a good voice and can read the sports pages as well, plus he’s looking for a job as well. (Rob – if you get a job out of this you owe me some beer!!!)

Moving on…..Ducks are 2-0 and hopefully can go to Ottawa and sweep the Senators. Go Ducks!

Yankees are off tonight which means 1 thing, they can’t lose. Hopefully with this A-Rod mouth thing, the Yankees can build on it and reel off some wins. Sunday night is the marquee match-up on ESPN. Check it out!!

This week’s money tip: Beat Back 5 Financial Fears. Check it out!

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/pf/0705/gallery.money_fears/index.html

This week’s funny photo:
Sorry lame this week - no linking. Bastards!!!
http://www.hetemeel.com/haha/104903.I+wiped+my+ass+with...%20Your+toothbrush!.jpg

Last and certainly not the least I want to devote this week’s entry to John Gibbons. Mr. Gibbons was my Earth & Science Teacher in Senior Year of HS. He kicked ass. I goofed off and on the flip side learned so much that he would get my vote for Teacher of the Year. As a member of the Three Amigos with Joe Smith and Jim Kinnear, he redefined drinking and having a good time. I recalled the Senior Trip where he and the 2 other two gave a stern lecture on bringing/drinking alcohol on the trip. Suspension/Termination, yadda, yadda, yadda…. Anyway, we managed to get tanked drinking Peach Schnapps (Don’t Ask). Mr. Gibbons knock on our door at 11pm to make sure we were in for curfew. He asked us if we we’re drunk. We said “No Sir.” His reply, “I am, goodnight men!” We laughed our asses off. We’ll miss ya Mr. Gibbons. This Bud for you!

Tonight's post brought to you by I Remember You by Skid Row on K-Rock.
Tonight's post brought to you by Harpoon Summer Beer.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Letters K,R,O,C,K.
Tonight's post brought to you by the Number 92.3

Nuff Said!!

3 comments:

Rob Adams said...

A quality post today, and yeah, I owe you a brew - IF TONIGHT'S POST GETS ME A JOB!! Anyway, thanks for the nice words. The state of NY radio has been bad for some time, and still needs help.

Oh A-Rod. Can you ever just stay out of trouble? That said, would anybody say a word if it wasn't A-Rod? How many things bordering on "poor sportsmanship" goes on in baseball all the time? But it's A-Rod, so we must over analyze.

Terry said...

Dude! Who has this much time on their hands to listen to the radio alllll day??!

BTW, congrats on getting into the program!

Anonymous said...

Terry - some people play the stations over the Net at their desk or have a walkman/small radio to listen to while they work. You should know - you always listen to music while you worked at our former place.

Rob - anything to help ya. As for NY Radio yeah it's been a drag for years. I was and still to a little degree excited about Jack-FM even though they have 2 DJ's now (morning/evening drives). I know K-Rock will never remain DJ-Less forever but I'm enjoying the ride right now.

As for A-Rod, being the $25 million dollar man (in NY nonetheless) you will always be under the microscope. I don't exepct less. It's the little things that get blown out, slapping the ball away, yelling at the 3rd baseman. Somehow in the depths of his house/apt, I feel he reads and re-reads the MLB's rules to somehow push the envelope of what he can do. Shame though, for someone who has so much talent.

Anything on the legality of what he did in the rules?